Life in Motion

Teisha LeShea
4 min readSep 18

A Glimpse into My Recent Adventures

Photo by Gaston Roulstone on Unsplash

I wanted to call this one Where Have You Been Part Two, but I figured nobody would care enough. In part one, I discussed my mental health struggles these past few months and what I’ve been trying to do to combat the beast. I had every intention to write more often, but life happens. I wanted to be strategic and create a mini-series, but due to my lack of commitment and my mental health, I wouldn’t finish.

Can I be honest?

The last time I was actively on Medium was my previous article. I have yet to open, comment, read, or clap. The first time I opened the app, I made my presence known by clapping and commenting on a few stories and poems. Things that have inspired me no longer do, and my days have been a series of copy and paste that I don’t have anything to add to the conversation.

Society is one ample liquid of trashcan juice that stinks. I’m disappointed, worried, and angry about how society is lately. I’ve been trying to avoid being a part of the “normal” people speak of. I’ve never felt this mentally exhausted.

After three years of dodging punches like Muhammed Ali, I finally got COVID; those eight days were hell, and I strongly don’t recommend it and avoid it at all costs. Three days leading up to a positive test, I took three tests throughout the week, and they all came up negative.

I tried to be as proactive as possible, and that little nasty fucker had a mind of its own. A few hours after taking my third negative test, I started to get a pounding headache. Since I just got off work staring at computer screens all day, I thought I needed to rest my eyes.

I immediately took some over-the-counter pain meds to quiet my headache. I quickly showered and lay down to “rest my eyes.” I have experience with tension headaches, so it will come to pass. I don’t remember when I went to sleep, but I woke up sore and achy in the middle of the night. It felt like thirty toddlers were jumping on me; changing sleeping positions and getting comfortable was challenging because I was in so much pain.

Thank goodness I work remotely. I worked from my bed as a safety precaution. After an hour of work, I took another test, which came up positive. I wanted to scream. Since that positive test, the next…

Teisha LeShea

Writing stories for healing and clarity. Email